[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dating the wish list requests

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:49:15 -0500

Hi, Cindy. Sending a note to Pavi sounds like a good idea. (smile) You know,
I'd be willing to scan some of the conservative books, though some of them
look pretty dry. I can scan while reading a mystery or something else to
keep me entertained. Newt Gingrich teaches at a college about 20 minutes
from my house. If I could drive, I could even scan his works from that
college's public library. They have every book he's written or edited. There
is also a conservative Christian college near me with many of the books from
our wish list in its library. It might as well be on the moon for all the
good that does me. (sigh) I've looked at the prices for some of those books,
and they're pretty hefty. So unless I find them hanging around in a used
book bin or on Half.com at a discounted price, I'm not likely to buy them. I
save a copy of the wish list to my hard drive each month and take it with me
when I go to the used bookstore and library sales. The fiction requests are
easier to fill most of the time because those are the used books that are
easy to find and are at a good price.

Monica Willyard