[bksvol-discuss] book submition

  • From: "Georgina" <culmer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:48:27 -0600

Hi All--
I was wondering if the person who submitted Heat Lightning by Colleen Thompson
is on this list?  I have a question about a word in the book.  Here's a couple
of examples, And then there were Luz Maria's own "admirers," men--and the
occasional woman--caught up in the drama of a fresh-faced twenty-six-year-old
battling die system.  Example two, Unlike the "real" investigators in Homicide,
those assigned to the Major Assaults Unit's night shift always drew die
shittiest heaps.  Is this supposed to be slang or is the word supposed to be
(the)? Any help would be appreciated.
--Georgina
I’m not a pessimist just an optimist for the worst