[bksvol-discuss] Re: Dating the wish list requests

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 22:00:00 -0500

Hi, Cindy. Did you know that almost all of us can press control f and look
for words on your wish list page? It works in most web browsers, and the
screenreaders use it correctly too. So we can search for a title or author's
name if we want to know if it's on the wish list. The alphabetized list is
handy for me to use when shopping, but I can adapt if you'd rather sort the
books by date. I like your list just as it is. It helps me that the list is
divided into fiction and nonfiction. Other than that, I'm likely to work on
books based on my access to them and my interest in them rather than how
long the request has been around. Seeing how long people have been waiting
for books would probably make me feel sort of depressed because I know what
it's like not to be able to read books when I want to. I feel guilty and
sort of sad when I look at the wish list anyhow because it gets longer
instead of shorter. That makes me feel like we're not meeting our readers'
needs, even though I know we try to. I'm not saying that my feelings are
rational or that you shouldn't add the dates. I just wonder if anyone else
feels like I do when they look at the list.

Monica Willyard