[bksvol-discuss] Re: Conventions

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 19:16:43 -0700 (PDT)

How about passing the buck? (grin). Both books sound
as if they have a lot of problems.  If I were you
(which I'm not, nor am I in your line of work, so I
don't have any ethical problems with what I'm about to
suggest), I'd use the books for my purposes and when I
was finished with them, if I thought they'd be useful
to the bookshare members, I'd mail the books to the
folks at Benetech and let them deal with them. Or, if
I wanted to keep copies for the future and felt that
it wouldn't be right to make copies for myself, I'd
write to the publishers and ask them to donate copies
to Benetech. If the clever Benetech folks can't figure
out the best way to do it, probably they can contact
the publishers and ask for permission to re-organize
the books.

O.K., so I'm copping out. But your time and effort is
valuable, and between your work for bookshare and your
pastoral duties, and, if you have one,  your family,
there may be better uses for said time and effort that
trying to make those two books readable for bookshare
at the moment.

Cindy

--- Merrill Louise <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush