[bksvol-discuss] Comments on Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 14:58:00 -0600

I just finished reading Impulse by Ellen Hopkins, which was added to the
collection by an outsourcing group in Africa. This is one of the worst
outsourced scans I've seen. In fact, I wonder if anyone bothered to proof it at
all.

The book switched point of view often, and there was no indication of this in
the scan. Therefore, it was impossible to know which character was speaking at
any given time. In fact, due to the lack of headers, it was impossible to
determine how many narrators even existed.

I saw several very common scanning errors that could have been fixed, if only
the book had been read through. "hail" for "hall" is an example.

I really looked forward to reading this book, but was sorely disappointed by
the scan. It really does need to be redone, IMO.