[bksvol-discuss] Re: Chapter Numbers

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 14:51:48 -0400

It's not only a matter of hearing numbers interrupt the text. After all, if the
book contains page numbers they will do that as well. For me, I like the word
chapter being placed in the book because it is easier to know where you are,
and later you can do a search with the word and find your place rather than
searching for numbers and being brought to page numbers, years, and any other
content in the book which has digits.
For the record, I did ask Marisa this in the past, and she said to go ahead and
put them in.