[bksvol-discuss] Re: Carrie should be back

  • From: David Andrews <dandrews@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:13:49 -0600

Carrie:

I did a similar cruise -- also did the Zip line in Costa Rica, and through the Canal -- and yes, the Path Between the Seas is a very good book. I loved the canal, thought it was awesome as my kids would say!

Dave

At 09:57 AM 11/12/2009, you wrote:
My vacation was quite fun! I went ziplining in Costa Rica, in the Veragua rainforest. Because the canopy is so high off the ground, there were 9 trees with little platforms around the trunk about 100 feet off the ground. You wear a harness and zip from tree to tree on a pulley system. The trees are anywhere from 30 to 150 feet apart. If you're afraid of heights, this is NOT an adventure for you! Also went through the Panama Canal, which was very interesting. I'm going to get a book about the building of the canal, called The Path Between the Seas. It's supposed to be the best book on the subject. The cruise ship stopped at Aruba, Cartagena (a port in Colombia), and Jamaica. So I got a look at the southern part of the Caribbean.

Carrie