[bksvol-discuss] Re: Carrie should be back

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 07:32:54 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I'm back, and yes, I'm snowed under. There are over 600 books in the
approval queue, which I figure will take me about 30 hours to go through. And
of course, I need to handle the student requests and bestsellers that popped up
while I was gone. And the rejection queue is still waiting for me...

Actually one of my coworkers yelled at me when I got back yesterday. She said
that 3 of them couldn't do half my job while I was gone, and that I should have
told them how much work I had to do. I said that I've been whining about the
amount of work on my plate, and she yelled "No! You didn't whine enough! This
is horrible! You need help NOW!" But, since this is the end of the year,
there's no money left to hire anyone, so we have to wait until January for the
cavalry to ride in and save the day. In the meantime, I REALLY REALLY
appreciate your patience while I try to handle everything. Serves me right for
leaving, I guess! :-)

Carrie