[bksvol-discuss] Re: British English

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:04:37 -0500

Hi Lisa,

One other difference in punctuation in addition to what's already been mentioned is that in British English you won't have a period after abbreviations such as "Mr" and "Mrs" while In American English you will.

Judy s.
On 10/7/2012 6:50 PM, Lisa Gorden-Cushman wrote:
Hello,

I am considering proofing a book, but it is in British English.  Other than
some of the spelling differences, what punctuation differences should I keep
in mind?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this book sounds good.

Thanks,
Lisa