[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books I will be scanning

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:40:28 -0500

It seems the atypical fonts are a bigger problem for me right now, but no problem since I am sighted as is Doug.

Valerie

Check out my kids at:

 http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples <new>
 http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/nicholemaples
 http://www.caringbridge.org/ms/cindymaples
 http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jorgemaples

On 08 27, 2009, at 8:06 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:

One thing I was going to mention to you is that board books may not actually "scan" well. You may have to type in most or all of the text on the pages. Sometimes it is huge font in color that the scanner doesn't pick or up if it does, the OCR program doesn't accurately recognize it. I frequently have to do this for children's books.