[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books I will be scanning

  • From: "Kristin Mills" <kristinm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:06:50 -0500

Jamie!
Did you report this to staff? Because how in the world can you proof something
in under 5 minutes? Okay I can understand if it's like a children's book or
like others have spoken on here the book only needs a simple cleaning up than I
can see that happening. I mean only taking like a couple of minutes. In fact I
have yet to completely proof a book in this amount of time and I probably never
will either. May I ask how long the book was that only took 4 minutes to proof?
Because if it was like over 200-400 pages then that just makes me ill to think
of it getting that type of treatment when readers are depending on us to do a
good job. Since I'm not a member yet, I can't go into the collection to find
books that would need better proofing however if this one does get approved
than let me know and if you wouldn't mind putting a hold on it for me then I'll
gladly reproof it for you. However that's just total stupidity that we should
have to reproof books however I'm willing to do it for those of you who need it
done. The only thing is someone else would have to download it then put it on
the check out list for me due to not having a complete membership yet. However
that's why I'm volunteering and working hard to earn enough credits so I can
have a membership and get in all the action here with the rest of you smiles!
Well hopes this helps I mean my comments here and I hope you're having a
spectacular day despite dealing with the frustration of the jiffy proof readers
ug! Take care and hopefully this mess will clear up soon!
Kristin