[birdky] Re: RPT: Common Redpolls at Lexington

  • From: Susan Svetich <dssvetich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 19:17:18 -0500

Rob,
Alice , the most gracious host of the Uncommon Redpolls has not seen it
feeding in the approximately 3 weeks she thinks it has been present.They
have only observed them briefly in the trees before they get a drink.We saw
it at 1140 , Mark around 4 and Alice mentioned 1300 being a typical time. I
cased the neighborhood as discreetly as possible and about 1.5 blocks west
there appears to be a yard with feeders but the highly fenced areas do not
lend themselves well to snooping. up North I've seem them attack birch
trees[not Nigra]  vigorously and thistle feeders are commonly used other
than ground grazing. Usually they are with Siskins and Gold Finches {and
the occasional Hoary} Incidentally, Lou Shane had Siskins in His yard on
the reservoir today.

Hoping THE SNOW brings in more than misery!

Dave Svetich
Lexington , Ky

--
Susie Svetich, Owner
Confused Confections Bakehouse and Gifts