[birdky] Minor Clark Fish Hatchery

  • From: Lana Hays <lanahays2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 17:41:40 -0400

I had a chance to visit the fish hatchery today. I was mainly interested
in finding shorebirds. I found the Ruddy Turnstone but my prize was a
Buff Breasted Sandpiper. Just as I was turning down a road, I noticed him
in the grass at the edge of a pond. I got a couple of pictures before he
took off. He flew over the 3 large ponds and don't know if he returned or
not. He wasn't near any of the drained ponds when I saw him. It really
was just dumb luck that I saw him at all.

Birds:
Least Sandpiper
Lesser Yellowlegs
Pectoral Sandpiper
Ruddy Turnstone
Killdeer
Buff Breasted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Plover

There were a couple of Osprey and Bald Eagles.

I finally figured out how to post some pictures to the Flickr KY
Ornithological Society's Photo Gallery so I posted a couple from today
including the Buff Breasted Sandpiper and Ruddy Turnstone. I "think" they
are posted there, anyway. I would post them to my website but it wants to
load the entire site just to add some pictures each time....and usually
takes a couple of hours.

I think this is the website address for the KY Flickr account:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1827065@N21/pool/with/21206557209/

--
Lana Hays
Walton, KY