[birdky] Re: Gold finches

  • From: Michael Hamm <michael.hamm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'DAWester2@xxxxxxx'" <DAWester2@xxxxxxx>, "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:39:51 -0500

Usually I see only one goldfinch, but when it's really cold, I've had seven
feeding at my thistle feeder at one time. For example, last Saturday. Also had
22 house finches and 11 mourning doves on that day. Had a y-b sapsucker and a
hairy wp for the first time on Saturday. The red-breasted nuthatch comes fairly
regularly to feed on the suet. Had a towhee two weeks ago.

Numbers seem fairly normal to me, except that I no longer have any house
sparrows.

MH (Danville)

Michael F.Hamm
Ewing T. Boles Professor of History
Centre College
600 West Walnut Street
Danville, Kentucky 40422
859-238-5264

CENTRE COLLEGE
Personal education. Extraordinary success.
http://www.centre.edu