[birdky] Re: Gold finches

  • From: "Douglas Hennig" <hennig@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DAWester2@xxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:28:03 -0500

Yes Doris, but I thought it was due to the fact that we are only occasional
visitors to our 90 acres here on the Morgan-Magoffin.  I have begun smearing
chunky peanut butter on some trees with rough bark hoping that the YBSs and
Brown Creepers might be drawn to it.

Instead, I've noticed that wb nuthatches, titmice AND even juncos are
enjoying it.  Purple finches are absent.

Doug Hennig,

"The Retirement Village at White Oak Heights,

Population 2, Elevation 1160'"

Magoffin Co

  _____