[birdky] Re: Gold finches

  • From: "Hargis, David (EPPC DNR DOC)" <David.Hargis@xxxxxx>
  • To: <sclgeographer@xxxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:26:21 -0500

I have not had many finches either, only occasionally one might show up
but I have a wealth of Cardinals, 8+ everyday, all day and 2+ Tufted
Titmice, 3+ Blue jays, House Wrens, 1 Red-Bellied Woodpecker, sometimes
a Dark Eyed Junco or two and 40+ common grackles drop in sometimes for
the meat or bread scraps that I set out. The Cardinals by far are the
most abundant and frequent visitors, being there first thing in the
morning and staying all day until sundown. I keep a rotation cycle of
black oil sunflower seeds and then a wild bird mix and I also make fresh
suet and include peanuts and raisins but they doesn't last long at all.
I also throw out in the shell peanuts for the Blue Jays and also popped
popcorn and it seems to go pretty fast as well.

DAVID M. HARGIS

PROGRAM COORDINATOR

TRAINING COORDINATOR

DIVISION OF CONSERVATION

375 VERSAILLES ROAD

FRANKFORT, KY 40601

PHONE 502-573-3080

fax         502-573-1692

david.hargis@xxxxxx

www.conservation.ky.gov <http://www.conservation.ky.gov>

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly
sender, by e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.