[birdky] Re: Dickcissels & Kestrels

  • From: "sk" <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 21:03:26 -0500

I've been meaning for a while to add my 2 cents worth on dickcissels. I have
always considered Hart County to be getting close to the eastern edge of
their range, with 3 or 4 sightings here in a good year. This year there are
hundreds. The population has exploded. Right now I'm curious to see if this
is a permanent change or just a very odd year.
Blue grosbeak numbers have risen dramatically the past few years, as well.
There have been quite a few fields planted in native forbs and grasses
recently. Is there a connection?

Steve Kistler
Hart Co