[birdky] 739 pond

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:48:09 -0500

I checked 739 pond today and found it rising and maybe about half full. Part of
it is hidden by wheat. Nothing was at the main pond except 3 Spotted
Sandpipers. Decided to check the pond out of sight behind a hill on the other
side of the road. Found a Mallard drake, 3 Semi-palmated Plovers and 6 Least
Sandpipers feeding right where a small upwelling was feeding the 4 or so acres
of surface water. I posted a picture of the pond and a couple of the plovers on
our web site - http://www.lyneart.com/THOUGHTS.HTM
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County