[beports] Re: PortLog plugin

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:48:11 -0700

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)
<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) wrote:
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Brecht Machiels wrote:
>>>
>>> Assembla does not seem to allow the installing of custom plugins. Also,
>>> the PortLog plugin requires Trac 0.11 (which is in beta currently but
>>> should be released soon), while Assembla runs Trac 0.10.4. This means we
>>> might have to find another hosting option.
>>>

>> Would a ports.haiku-files subdomain work for you?
>>
>> This may be a possibility if you guys are interested.
>
> Just to add a bit more detail to this offer, we can setup a separate
> environment where you can install and maintain Trac yourselves with full FTP
> access (I think ssh access is also possible, if needed).
>
> Anyway, let me know if you would like pursue this.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Koki

We now have access to the ports site,
http://ports.haiku-files.org
So if we'd like, we can post binaries of completed ports there.  Not
sure if/when we want to do this, but we now have the space to do it.
Would the preferred method for this be to have symlinked folders in a
zip file that are labeled "drop file here", so people would just unzip
the file wherever and then drag the built files to the specific "drop
folder" and they are good to go.
Opinions?

 Once we start getting a few of these binaries ready to post let me
know and I'll get them posted.  If you'd like ftp access to post them,
let me know.
For now all I've done is to put up the coming soon page.  I suppose
this will eventually be where the entire HaikuPorts site will land?
Is there a trac plugin for posting files?  That might be the way to
go.  Maybe some of the ports would be better as packages such as SDL
and it's libraries, Allegro and it's libraries, the GNU util packs,
etc.

-scottmc

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts