[beports] Re: glob and libdl and LibPak progress

  • From: Schrijvers Luc <Begasus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 15:16:07 +0200

I'm not a lot on my pc the last days, and GSoC is giving me some work as
I'm mentoring also a student. But I'll look into things I've compiled so
far and are needed for the games. PS libSDL 1.2.13 doesn't seem to work
well on Haiku so far, best to stick to 1.2.12 for that. (just a thing on
top of my mind) ;)

On do, 2008-05-08 at 14:08 +0200, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> On 2008-05-08 at 06:18:01 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Looking through the LibPak and adding entries for them I came across
> > glob, which seems to be a POSIX requirement.  Is this included in
> > Haiku or will it be?
> > http://www.bebits.com/app/2347
> > Also there's libdl.so which seems to provide some other wrapper
> > functions for dynamic linking:
> > http://www.bebits.com/app/2917
> > LibPak also lists pthreads but I only located an undone BeOS project for
> > that:
> > http://www.bebits.com/app/1427
> > Seems to me I read something about pthreads recently on Haiku?  Might
> > be mistaken.
> > I don't know much about any of these, just learning about most of this as I
> > go.
>
> All of these are included in Haiku's libroot. The compliance for the dynamic
> pthreads, too. Though I haven't looked at the latter for a while and Axel
> worked on them recently.

To compile libraries it's sometimes not enough to have the needed
libraries but also the headers included (maybe Haiku should start
thinking about a 'Haiku DevEdition'? ;)

Luc

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts