[beports] glob and libdl and LibPak progress

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:18:01 -0700

Looking through the LibPak and adding entries for them I came across
glob, which seems to be a POSIX requirement.  Is this included in
Haiku or will it be?
http://www.bebits.com/app/2347
Also there's libdl.so which seems to provide some other wrapper
functions for dynamic linking:
http://www.bebits.com/app/2917
LibPak also lists pthreads but I only located an undone BeOS project for that:
http://www.bebits.com/app/1427
Seems to me I read something about pthreads recently on Haiku?  Might
be mistaken.
I don't know much about any of these, just learning about most of this as I go.

I've added a wiki page for the LibPak, showing what was in the BeOS
pak, making a sort of checklist that I can then use for checking the
progress of each library in that group.  Maybe this would be better
done as a milestone?  But some of the items are in other milestones
already so that might not work.

I found 4 Allegro libraries that don't have a Gentoo Portage entries,
so I just noted they were Allegro libs for now.
http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/wiki/LibPak

Luc might know better which of these libs are really being used by
some of the ported BeOS/Zeta games.  Let me know if there's any more
libraries that would need to be ported to enable any of the ported
games and such to work and I'll add them in as well.
-scottmc

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts