[beports] Re: PortLog plugin

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:47:58 +0200

Hello Brecht,

Am 13.05.2008 um 10:39 schrieb Brecht Machiels:

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 17:51 +0200, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
This method is OK, if there are no more than one or two directories where to install stuff, but it will be more than that for most ports. I'm undecided what method is the best: .pkg, Haiku-style packages, or LibPak packages.

Has anything been decided yet with respect to Haiku installer packages?
I recall that a new format was going to be developed to replace the
SoftwareValet installer package format. It would consist of an archive
(zip for example) which holds both the files and a recipe for installing
them.

For now Haiku's Optional Package format (zip archive with absolute paths plus description file) would be most convenient, i.e. would allow to pre-populate our Haiku images with it.

Gotta catch up with my mail... ;)

Bye,
Andreas

--