[beports] Re: PortLog plugin

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 11:37:51 -0700

Hi Scott,

scott mc wrote:
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)
<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Would a ports.haiku-files subdomain work for you?

This may be a possibility if you guys are interested.

 Just to add a bit more detail to this offer, we can setup a separate
environment where you can install and maintain Trac yourselves with full FTP
access (I think ssh access is also possible, if needed).

 Anyway, let me know if you would like pursue this

Speaking of haiku-files, any chance that we could use space there to
post compiled binaries as we port them as well?

That's definitely possible. What kind of resources would this require?

Also I run a script file on my pc here once a day that builds a fresh
development haiku version both a vmware and a normal raw image with
all development stuff enabled.  As far as I know the only way to get
this at this point is to build your own.  Would it be possible to post
my images on haiku-files for others to get?  There's nothing added in
other than what is added in by setting the specific switches in the
UserBuildConfig file.  This would be helpful for developers who might
want to test out their old BeOS code to get working on Haiku.

That would be desirable too. I am just not sure how we could accommodate this within the setup that we have now, where the nightly images are built by the factory run by Sikosis and then posted on haiku-files.org for download.

Could you coordinate this directly with Sikosis? I think that would be the best.

Cheers,

Koki

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts