[AZ-Observing] Re: Blood sacrifice for clear skies

  • From: Joe Macke <jmacke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 05:21:29 -0700

For the record:

"The Lottery" a short story by Shirly Jackson, first published in the
June 28, 1948 edition of the New Yorker Magazine.  The summary
previously
posted is essentially the story.  A pretty good read, although mostly
ruined by revealing the ending.

Tony Muller seems to be demonstrating a dangerous streak of good
judgement
and perspective.  Perhaps we should keep an eye on him.

I'm afraid I'll have to miss the Marathon.  It seems the Girl Scouts
have
decided to schedule their Father-Daughter dance that weekend.  What's
the
world coming to?

Clear(ing) skies,
Joe