[AZ-Observing] Blood sacrifice for clear skies

  • From: "Tony Muller" <acmuller1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:36:38 -0700

Re: The Black Dot

The story "The Lottery" was also made into a TV miniseries a number of years
ago and describes a New England town's centuries old ritual of sacrificing a
member of the community for the sake of the town by drawing slips of
paper. The one with the Black Dot got stoned to death.

The parallel to our situation: Ritually sacrifice a member of the amateur
community
each year in order to assure weekends of clear skies.

Let's get a grip here. There's always another weekend.

Tony Muller

Rick wrote:

> I think it's time to pick a scapegoat and hand them the piece of paper
with
> the Black Dot (bonus points if you get that reference). My nominations
are:

> Steve Coe; General Principles
> AJ Crayon: Had the audacity to modify his Telescope.
> Thad Robosson: Caught Aperture fever (this would be a mercy killing)
> Steve Perry: Mentioned during the week that "the weather seems to good to
> hold out).
>
> Vote for your choice of scapegoat and let the beating commence!!!

messages.  Thanks.