[AZ-Observing] Re: A smile and a frown....

  • From: william e waltz <starman.wwaltz.pfs@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:21:40 -0700

i was also with pierre in that group and did see the young moon through
pierre's scope though i too, could not find it in my scope
i will never forget that spectacular view
it looked to me like an arc of sparkling diamonds through a deep orange
velvet field
i rode out to sentinel with pierre that afternoon and we were both
excited about our chances of viewing the young moon that evening because
of the total lack of haze at the western horizon
i had been with him several other times to try to see a record moon as
far as new mexico near the site of the very large array, only to be
disappointed by clouds,chased off of a site just because i guess we
looked like suspicious characters, or by just hazy conditions on the
horizon

i own a 10 in. that i built with pierre's guidance and of course his
mirrors and would very much like to get one of his bigfoot mounts for my
scope
he was talking about selling me his personal bigfoot mount and building
himself another one,or something, but he was taken from us too soon