[AZ-Observing] Re: A smile and a frown....

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:56:09

Thad,

Is Jim Stamm of Tucson still recognized as the record holder?  He was set
up on that same night.  Since he is east of Sentinel, "his" young moon was
younger than "ours" was.  I will take credit (or blame) for launching
Pierre on a many-year quest to shatter the record for viewing the youngest
moon.

I figure that many folks will be using the transit of Venus as a good
excuse for a European vacation.

Tom

At 11:38 AM 1/2/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey All,
>Just got the new(Feb. '04) S&T.
>
>The smile is that Pierre gets mentioned as one of several who have spotted
a very young moon.  (from Sentinel)

>The frown (and hopefully I'm reading this wrong...) is that the transit of
Venus will not be visible in the Western U.S.