<USS Avalon> Re: OOC

  • From: CamtheTreknut@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 02:23:52 EDT

Apparently you have all missed my point, and once again I have pissed at
least a few people off when I only tried to do something helpful, this time  to
us all.

I'm very well aware that Avalon is not canon Star Trek. However, if one is
to take part in or run a sim based upon an established franchise, one must
acknowledge the timeline of that franchise, insofar as basing it within a
certain period---such as after the Dominion War. And Avalon, for all intents
and
purposes, is a DS9-Voyager-post Voyager-era sim. I don't know about the  rest
of
you, but as a Star Trek fan fiction writer and simmer of some years and
ability, I have found it extremely useful to have specific dates  upon which to
base my characters and storylines. On the opposite end of  that, I find it
extremely difficult to write effectively where there is  no established
timeline.

Excuse me for trying to help everyone. You can all rest assured that I  shall
never make that mistake again. Oh, and just so everyone understands,  "Let's
all get posting" was meant as encouragement---nothing more. I was not, as
those who have responded seem to believe, getting on everyone's case. I know
just as well as the rest of you what time of year it is and just how much real
life gets in the way. You are not the only ones who have lives, you know.

However, there was something you all missed---my mentioning that I  discussed
the matter with Marc and that he agreed to it. But since my good  intentions
(I know, the road to hell is paved with them) have apparently  caused a
fricking uproar, you can all happily disregard the entire message.