<USS Avalon> Re: OOC

  • From: "Melanie Redgrave" <melanieredgrave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:09:00 -0400

not to mention it's summer, people are on holiday and kids are home

I knew that much, having talked to Marc recently and all, and that's fine,
but it still doesn't clear up the need for timeline or canon clarifications,
since nobody argued the timeline and Avvy isn't Canon Trek. I think I'm
still missing something.. The whole "let's all get posting again" thing lost
me, too, since I've been posting as often as possible and am currently
working on another log. Writing as fast as my computer will let me, lol.

What else am I missing?

CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

A log is in progress with Skyler and Keith as well as Kaera, we are waiting
for Lt. Vila to add to it. Once it is sent out we can start giving the go
ahead to get people on the ship and get started on a new mission. Part of
which is to go back to the Avalon B and gather what remains of our personal
effects. I don't know if this clears things up or confuses you more. If so
let me know and I will try and explain it better, if possible.

Pennt
From: Debra Mosqueda
> Don't mind me, folks, I'm just a little lost. We all know I'm the slow one
here
> so bear with me. I'm trying to figure out the point of this whole email.
Since
> it's typically understood that Avvy isn't "Canon" I'm not sure where canon
trek
> timelines apply. It is what Marc says it is, plain and simple. We've been
> writing and posting and all that's kept us from leaving drydock is the
go-ahead
> to board the ship. So the point of this was? If it was to "hurry up and do

> something, folks" that would come from our command staff, so I doubt that
was
> it. What am I missing?
>
> CamtheTreknut@xxxxxxx wrote: After a lengthy discussion with our fearless
> leader about the merits of establishing a timeline, we have come to an
> agreement. One past log by Kaera Ashayu (I believe it was her) stated that
it
> had been seven years since the Dominion War ended, and it is established
Trek
> canon that the war ended in the year 2375. The last Stardate used on DS9
was
> 52645.7 (or August 24th), and it was common practice for the writers to
move
> things along by weeks or months on Star Trek. A rough guesstimate would
put the
> cease-fire in the month of November, possibly December. Had seven years
passed
> it would now be 2382.
>
> However, the agreed upon date, approved by the aforementioned fearless
leader,
> has the Avalon at Izar in July---more specifically, July 7th (it will be
July 7,
> 2382 until the sim gets moving again or Marc says otherwise). So it hasn't
been
> quite seven years yet, but it will be soon. He has also agreed that the
crew
> arrived at Izar late in the evening on July 2nd. This gives all of us a
firm
> point of reference for getting back into the swing of writing. Four days'
shore
> leave, familiarizing yourself with the new Avalon, whatever strikes your
fancy.
> Some of us still have to get there with new characters!
>
> As for specifically when the war ended, a fellow fan fiction writer (and
> friend of mine) wrote a tale in which the cease-fire took place just
before
> midnight on December 24th, Earth Standard Time. My point here is that I
believe
> we should all, as a group, come to our own consensus for the sake of
Avalon's

From: Debra Mosqueda <mightymidgie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: <USS Avalon> Re: OOC
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:38:46 +0000

[...]

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42241/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handra
isers>  Yahoo! Mail Beta.

I am wounded but I am not dead

I will lay me down and bleed awhile

then I will rise up and fight again

  _____

Sneak preview the all-new
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40762/*http:/www.yahoo.com/preview>  Yahoo.com.
It's not radically different. Just radically better.

GIF image