atw: Samples of work

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:19:12 +1000

One aspect of providing samples of work that no-one's mentioned is: what do
you do if the work isn't designed for viewing in hard-copy format? This
could be, say, a web-based document or a video.

For web pages, I've had to include screenshots. However, I like to play
with JavaScript and create pages that alter the display when you click on a
button, and it's hard to do justice to that in a screenshot.

I've also recently been asked to provide Captivate videos and haven't any
idea how to demonstrate them, other than taking a laptop into an interview.
Has anyone ever done that?

Howard