atw: Re: insurance

  • From: Christine.BirtleyKent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:53:05 +1000

You can't do this with government clients.  Insurance is mandatory.
ck

I've worked contract for more than a decade and have
always convinced clients that as they are checking the
work, I don't need liability insurance. I guess if I
introduced a virus into their networks, there may be
ramifications, but I reckon if I didn't write it, they
have as much responsibility as me to ensure their
protection is up-to-date - and I keep my AV software
and definition files current.

I don't have workers comp (as a working director, I
don't need to) but do have income protection and
various sickness and injury policies (more for my
peace of mind) which have satisfied clients on the WC
issue.

Cheers,
Terry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com