atw: Re: SnagIt and screen dumps

  • From: "Stephen Abell" <smabell2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:45:38 +1000

Dear Christine,

When you capture a piece of screen with SnagIt, and that piece immediately
opens in the SnagIt Capture Preview window, its format at that moment may be
SnagIt's own SNAG - SnagIt Capture File (*.snag).

This is their own lossless format that's used while you are editing and
annotating an image to preserve it from degradation. Once you are done
editing, you can Save As any of the various formats offered, including
.snag. You would save as .snag if you want to later do any more editing of
the same image.

Incidentally, if you do want to reduce keystrokes and save at the same time,
SnagIt can be set to automatically save and name every capture in the
background without your further intervention, i.e., you could still be
pasting as an embedded graphic and saving the image file without the extra
keystrokes.

Regards,

Stephen