atw: Re: SnagIt and screen dumps

  • From: Write Ideas <writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:38:14 +1000

PNG will usually be clearer, Christine (K) where how SnagIt saves its JPEGs is set to save space rather than maximise picture clarity and resolution. Most graphics applications are set up to use the compression facility of JPEGs for ease of file sharing by E-mail rather than to exploit its potential for maximum (uncompressed) quality.

I would suggest that you check your SnagIt preferences to see what options are set for saving as JPEG to tweak the quality that you are after but, if you set it to save disk space, picture quality will suffer.

Micky G.
Write Ideas

At 17:31 15/09/2008, you wrote:

Strange thing is, I get better resolution when SnagIt is set to save to .png than when it is set to save to .jpg ? and it is beyond me how or way ? or maybe I have been looking at miniscule differences for so long, I am not seeing clearly any more.

Michael Granat
Write Ideas
www.writeideas.com.au
http://www.alliance.org.au/freelancers/journalists/write_ideas/details/