atw: Re: Problem with RoboHelp HTML X5

  • From: Write Ideas <writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:07:00 +1100

Depends on the OS you are using Ana (Y)

Sounds to me like your PC is low on system resources and its RAM is very fragmented.

Presuming XP as the OS:

1. Save / back up any unsaved work and close all open applications, especially Word.
2.      Press Windows (the flag logo key between the Ctrl + Alt keys) +R.
        The Run prompt displays.
3.      Type cleanmgr then press Enter.
        The Select Drive prompt displays, with Drive C: as the first option.
4.      Click OK or press Enter.
Windows scans that drive for clutter, then displays its Disk Cleanup dialog.
5.      Select everything in the Files to delete: list, then click OK.
6.      Click Yes in the confirmation dialog that displays.
        Windows removes all the system clutter.
7.      Log out / Restart / Log in (to) your PC.

Now see how you go, running as few applications as possible.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Micky G.

Michael Granat
Write Ideas
www.writeideas.com.au
http://www.alliance.org.au/freelancers/journalists/write_ideas/details/
mailto:writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20 Years of Write Ideas!

At 16:10 22/01/2008, you wrote:

Hi,

I work with RoboHelp X5 daily and frequently swap from
one HTML editor to another using the options under
Tools>Options>HTML Editors. Today, when I attempted to
swap from FrontPage to the built in WYSIWYG editor,
RoboHelp froze and, since then, I cannot swap editors.

Does anybody on the list kow how to fix this? I
re-installed the product already and that did not fix
the problem.

Regards,
Ana

Checked by AVG Free Edition.