atw: Re: Offshoring: Don't shoot the messenger

  • From: "Michael Granat" <mgranat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:16:48 +1000

What can I say, Stuart (B).

Sadly, Snopes tends to debunk absolutely everything but,
according to a Chilean friend of mine who knows, from
his own experience, the "no va" comment had a tangible
negative impact on sales, as the car became quite a joke
among the Spanish speaking people of (his part) of
South America.

(Especially the 1980s Toy-motor Corolla based model.)

Sure, seeing "Nova" in print, many people didn't have a problem.
It was when it moved into the audible domain, through radio and
television advertising and review / commentary that this
became most noticeable and widespread.

The Snopes site likes to appear as if it is the definitive authority
on all myths urbane but, like many Web sites purporting to be an
authority, they are sometimes have little but their own
authoritative sounding hearsay to back them up.

Show me a Web site that questions any claims that it proclaims.

Every site on the Web gives us the Gospel truth, and all of their
products and services are the absolute best.  Plus all news articles
have been extensively cross checked for their accuracy and veracity.

Surely you know that!

Cheers,

Michael E. Granat
"Qualified Good Tech Writer Dude"
Fellowship of the Ring of Technical Writers, Yeah Baby!
T/as Write Ideas
E-mail: mailto:writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: <http://home.pacific.net.au/~megranat/>
Without Prejudice.