atw: Re: Offshoring: Don't shoot the messenger

  • From: "Michael Granat" <mgranat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:50:30 +1000

(Re-posted with minor mods as the initial version seems to have been
blocked by the content filtering on our E-mail server.)

Indeed yes ta, Elizabeth (F) and Craig (H).

No country is immune from such dictation mistakes.

Least of all Japan, as evidenced by the Mitsubishi Starion.

First there was the Colt, then there was the "Starion".

Both very nice rittle horsies after which to name a car.

Makes me wonder what their other model names, which all sound like
something else but never mean anything much, really came from.
Verada?  Magna? Where DO they get this stuff?

Certainly they took the name "Pajero" (correctly pronounced
"Pah-hair-oh") from a South American tribal name for a big jungle cat,
not realizing that this was also the local colloquial expression for a
w@nker.

Ah, the "Bits-R-Missin' M@sturb@tor".  Sort of suits its buyer profile,
don't you think?

Right up there with the Chevy Nova that GM cannot sell in South
America as, in Spanish, "No Va" means "It does not go".

Cheers,

Michael

Michael E. Granat
T/as Write Ideas