atw: Re: OT Re: wheedling the needle

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:22:13 +1000

Naomi, you are correct re language and translations of the Gospels.
(Support from a former basic theological studies student.)

Also, with regards to the comments about Jesus being a Hindu priest, check
out how a crucifixion actually had to be carried out. Also why the Shroud of
Turin is a fake too is for the (scientifically proven) reasons below:

The feet and hands, (popularly thought to be the place the nails went in)
were never nailed. It had to be just above the wrists on the forearm side,
and through the central ankles. The reason is that the body weight tears
through the webbing on feet and hands. The ankles and wrists being skeletal
support even very heavy weights. It also assists in suffering as the tendons
and musculature of the upper body cannot allow adequate breathing while the
body is in suspension, and the diaphragm is stressed by having to support
lower body weight. It's a fascinating form of execution.

Death was by asphyxiation, dehydration which was sometimes addressed by
feeding victims (perversely accepting and prolonging the pain) water or
vinegar for sport to see more suffering; and also exposure. The finality was
often assisted after four or five days(!) by breaking the legs if the victim
was still alive. The three at Calvary had legs smashed very early in the
day, and sides speared to get them down and buried before the Passover. The
spearing would have been gentle, (I think it was) in order to pierce the
diaphragm, not the heart and lungs, and preventing the death being too
quick...

Whoever the man was that was crucified, named Christ, on the cross that day,
was very dead when pulled down. And extremely unlikely to have had puncture
wounds consistent with large nails having pierced the webbing of feet or
hands.

Oh, and the report about the Roman soldiers falling asleep on guard, and the
body stolen while they were asleep... Huge hint about the cover up, because
the soldiers would have been executed for falling asleep on guard duty.
Summarily.

Regards, showing a side you never thought I had too!
Warren Lewington.
I can, if you would like me to, dispel more popular myths about Christ too.
Oh and I am a seventh or eighth generation Christian Presbyterian... Anyone
want a wee dram?