atw: Re: OT Re: wheedling the needle

  • From: "Naomi Kramer" <nkr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:13:51 +1000

It is generally fairly agreed upon by modern, mainstream biblical
scholars that -

- Matthew was originally written in Aramaic.
- John was the last gospel written, approx 100AD or CE.  Possibly by
the apostle John, perhaps by a community he led, from information he
gave.

You are right tho, in that the whole NT would have been available in
Greek quite early on.

- Naomi

\