atw: Re: More fun with MS Word [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: Peter.Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:55:00 +1000

Wonderful!    But I don't really think the text I get comes from the
online help, unless Word tries to help someone who needs to know how a fox
in a game might get away from a sleepy dog.

Peter M

From:   "Geoffrey" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   27/08/2012 11:50 AM
Subject:        atw: More fun with MS Word
Sent by:        austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi austechies

While we?re having fun with Word?its quirks and otherwise?here is a neat
feature if you need a lot of text in a mad hurry (as you might, for
example, if you wanted to experiment with some feature of the product).
Type:

=rand(p,s) and press Enter

where p = the number of paragraphs you want and s = the number of
sentences you want in each paragraph.

Thus =rand(150,13) + <Enter> gives you 150 paragraphs each with 13
sentences in them (randomly imported from the online help). That?s about
60 pages of text to play with.

Have fun.

Geoffrey Marnell
Principal Consultant
Abelard Consulting Pty Ltd
P: 03 9596 3456
M: 0419 574 668
F: 03 9596 3625
W: www.abelard.com.au

--
This message contains privileged and confidential information only
for use by the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended