atw: Re: Insurances 101

  • From: "Rhonda Bracey" <Rhonda.Bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:27:36 +0800

Depends on the client.

All govt agencies I've worked for in WA require some combination of PI,
WC, and PL, to various amounts (usually large!). All mining companies
have required the same. All smaller companies either don't care, or just
ask if you have it. Only one small company has asked to see my company's
Certificates of Currency whereas the govt agencies and mining companies
require copies of the Certificates every year. I've only worked in one
place where it was possible that incorrect doco could have resulted in
injury or death - *then* I realised why they want it. But for all the
others the worst that could happen from incorrect doco was software not
working as documented

No insurance, no work! Simple formula really... But I don't like paying
it out as it takes a big chunk each year (over $6000 including business
equipment insurance, but not including Income Protection).=20

Rhonda

Rhonda Bracey
rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
http://www.cybertext.com.au