atw: Re: Anyone have experience with capturing to Adobe Premiere? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "Kofler, Mark" <Mark.Kofler@xxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:05:44 +1100

What camera and Operating system is he using? Is he using Firewire under
Vista? Vista has known issues with Firewire. I have never been able to
get Vista to recognize my Cannon video camera.
Look at support at Microsoft for Vista and Firewire for some work
around.
Also try another PC with a Firewire port, preferably running XP. If it
does not work under XP, suspect a hardware fault on the camera. I have
been told that incorrect connection to a firewire port can burn out the
motherboard on the camera - which is what also happened to me.
Check the firewire card is properly enabled and working through System
Devices in Control panel. Install/update drivers if required for the
Firewire card.
Also try another device on the Firewire card, like an Ipod, if it does
not work, suspect a faulty Firewire card. There only about $20 bucks to
replace.
Contact the Support area of the maker of the camera.

Cheers, Mark

Mark Kofler
CA
Senior Technical Writer