atw: Re: Anyone have experience with capturing to Adobe Premiere? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:23:01 +1100

Check with Adobe. They will have some ideas for you.Mark makes comments
about Vista. I agree that you are best to avoid using any and I MEAN any
software at all on Vista. Even claimed to be compatible software isn't...
Vista is pretty light as a boat anchor, the disks actually float. Maybe you
could use them as surf boards for frogs.

If you are on XP, make sure that the camera is being recognised without
problems on the computer first. I think you will find this is where your
son's problems will be... Once that has happened and is working okay, find
out how Premiere wants to recognise the camera, does it want to recognise it
as a hard drive? Or does it want to work through the proprietary software
with the camera.

Next, check the file types that Premiere will recognise, for example, Adobe
Photoshop loves RAW files and won't recognise some digital camera
proprietary file types.

You will likely find that if Premiere recognises the camera as a hard drive
it will want to see particular file types as the recorded video. If the
camera is in default mode it may be recording in a bastardised file type
that will require conversion.

God only knows why the companies insist on this 'we'll do our own thing'
thing. Someone should give them a good slapping and standardise them.

wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxx

WJL Consulting.
PO Box 404,
Liverpool, NSW