Re: [ARMini-support] Schema spreadsheet

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 20:00:21 +0100

In message <1f189f5854.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Barry J <barryjerome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a version of the Schema spreadsheet which will run on the
> ARMiniX? I have tried running it and it will load and display a
> previously prepared spreadsheet and will also print the spreadsheet
> sucessfully. If I try to change a value in the spreadsheet though I
> get an error message:
>       "Target area past edge of spreadsheet"

> - if the previous value is blank or zero, the changed value is
> recorded in the cell changed, but it is ignored in any calculation.
> - if the previous value is a number the new value entered does not
> replace it.

> I have quite a complex spreadsheet developed over a few years. I
> looked at moving it to Fireworkz but that program does not seem to
> have the same range of functions and 'if then' actions available.

As far as I know, I have tried it successfully (at least with some
sheets).  I'm not a Schema user, though, so I may not have delved as
deeply as you.

However, you may find that Aemulor helps, albeit that performance does
drop quite considerably.

I wrote to Dave Holden before he died about re-compiling his software
for use on modern hardware, and got a rather non-commital reply.  I've
mentioned it to David Bradforth and Aaron subsequently, and again it
is difficult to get a formal answer.  I suspect that not all code is
available, and things are still up in the air.  There seems to be a
desire to make much of the APDL stuff available for free, but I'm not
sure where that will leave things in terms of support etc. going
forward... :(

As for Fireworkz, the author is still around, and seems to like
programming during the winter months, so it might be worth making a
wishlist for him.  If no-one asks for a feature, it's unlikely to be
implemented...!

Kind wishes,

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS