[argyllcms] Re: what is the best supported colorimeter?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:04:21 +1000

Rolf Gierling wrote:

...but the DTP92 is no longer available
new...

Graeme, not true. It's still in my price-list, but I would not call it affordable in comparison to the DTP94.

I couldn't find any reference to it in X-Rites web site anymore, apart from support information. Their estore doesn't list it, and this <http://www.xrite.com/discontinued_products.aspx?ID=283> indicates that it's discontinued, so they aren't exactly encouraging any new purchases :-)

(About buying the DTP94:)

I sell this device here in Germany. And yes, I have to to buy it
with the bundled software.

Hmm. What do X-Rite say if you ask them about getting it without software ? I know a least a few people in Europe are interested now in buying a DTP94 without Monaco, since they want to use it with Linux.

Their estore lists the DTP94 without software for US$199 here
<http://store.xrite.com/CCS/access/eCatalog/ItemSheet.jsp?ownerMainId=CG%5CXA.GA_CMS_INSTRUMENT&itemKey=SI%5CXA.DTP94&date=210355>