[argyllcms] Re: what is the best supported colorimeter?

  • From: Rolf Gierling <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:59:09 +0200

Hello Graeme,

Am 13.08.2006 um 03:04 schrieb Graeme Gill:

(About buying the DTP94:)

I sell this device here in Germany. And yes, I have to to buy it
with the bundled software.

Hmm. What do X-Rite say if you ask them about getting it without software ? I know a least a few people in Europe are interested now in buying a DTP94 without Monaco, since they want to use it with Linux.

I just asked their Sales Manager.

But nevertheless, I've seen totally different maketing and selling
strategies here in Europe. (that was 3500 Dollar to 500 Dollar)

Heidelberg sold upgrades to their profiling packages in the USA,
but not in Europe.

c't, a famous german computer magazine, speaks of  sales prices
of software: 1 Dollar is 1 Euro plus a german translation bonus
of 30%.

Rolf

Multitools
Dipl.-Ing. Rolf Gierling