[argyllcms] Re: what is the best supported colorimeter?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 00:57:39 +1000

Ewald Reisenberger wrote:

I have some questions, is the xrite dtp94 device, which is supported by argyll, equal to the MonacoOPTIX device?

Same device, different name. Since you may not want the Monaco software that is implicit in the "MonacoOPTIX" package, it's best to refer to it as a DTP94 if you are after just the instrument.

It seems to be the first "affordable" solution for monitor calibration under linux for home users.

Yes.

Does anybody know where to get this device in Austria, maybe Germany?

Apart from looking on the X-Rite website (I notice they have 3 locations in Germany), I'd try googling for a dealer.