[argyllcms] Re: i1 Display bundled with Samsung XL20

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 00:03:01 +1100

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
[ Btw, I was actually surprised that it was so qiet on this list in the
last couple of months, until I realized now that I didn't receive
messages any more since Septemer, though I'm not aware that I would have
unsubscribed from the list. Anyway, I've now subscribed again... ]

Hi Gerhard,
        I wondered that you hadn't posted for a while, so I guess
the above explains this :-)

expected). Does somebody happen to know, whether this is a "regular" i1
Display, or whether the eeprom possibly contains a calibration matrix
especially tuned for the LED light source of the XL20? (there is at
least a big inscription "LED SyncMaster" on the body of the i1)

My guess from an engineering point of view would be that it contains
a standard calibration, and that any special adjustment done to suite
the display would be in the software that accompanies it, but one
way to tell would be to dump the calibration matrix by turning
on #define DEBUG in i1disp.c, and comparing it to another device.

For my (non-XL20) i1display I get:

LCD/user cal[0] = 0.092167
LCD/user cal[1] = -0.003769
LCD/user cal[2] = 0.024447