[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:06:49 +0200

I just started to read the documentation of dcraw and noticed this:
"dcraw by default does not perform automatic white balance (AWB) on the
images that it processes. It simply processes the raw image data as seen by
the sensor"

I always wondered how I am supposed to set the white color temperature
parameter in UFRaw when I try to convert a RAW to TIFF for scannin. So, may
be this is the problem: UFRaw always applies some kind of white balance
adjustment.

I was unable to create any usable camera profiles before. I wonder if I wil
manage to do it using dcraw.