[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:50:58 -0400

First, how even was the light at shooting the target, what was the light
source, how much flare you are getting, how linear is the greyscale step wedge
on the shot, for each of 4 channels?
Second, what colour target are you using for creating the profile - how does it
warrant -qu for a LUT-based profile?
Third, how do you obtain the source rgb image for profiling? Is it through
ufraw in profiling mode?
Forth, why -al instead of -ax; if not a -G which is a much more stable solution?
Fifth, does ufraw allow for a linearization tone curves over all 4 channels? If
not - ask them to implement this option. If they are unwilling, linearize
yourself. Linearity must be calibrated before profiling.

--
Iliah Borg
ib@xxxxxxxxxxx