[argyllcms] Re: dcraw outlined, annotated, and un-Dnged

  • From: Elle Stone <l.elle.stone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:50:31 -0500

On 2/12/10, Lars Tore Gustavsen <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Elle Stone <l.elle.stone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I also like your planned  -R option that
> let the user  "Read in Argyll camera coefficients" without recompile.
> It would of course be even easier for the end user if that file was an
> icc file and dcraw-undnged  found the inverse solution by itself.
>

> I just had to make a simple  bash script to create the  inverse matrix. :-)
>
>  #!/bin/bash
> if [ $# -eq 0 ]
> then
>   echo "Usage:$0 iccfile"
>  exit
> fi
>
> matrix=$( iccdump -v3 -t rXYZ -t gXYZ -t bXYZ $1| grep \] |cut -c 9-37)
> inversematrix=$(echo "inv([$matrix])" | octave -q)
> inversematrix2=$(echo $inversematrix|cut -f 2- -d =|awk '{print
> $1,$2,$3",",$4,$5,$6",",$7,$8,$9 }')
> echo $inversematrix2

Hi Lars,
Actually you can already read in Argyll camera coefficients. If the
program finds a file named "colprof.inverse" in the same directory as
the raw file, it will read in and use the coefficients in
colprof.inverse. The format for the coefficients needs to be
line-separated values like this:
1.422877
-0.339392
-0.186022
-0.485458
1.164846
0.229688
-0.098321
0.197318
0.971034
0.000000
0.000000
0.000000
Unfortunately I haven't yet figured out how to get C-code to open a
file with a name specified at the command line.

Your bash script looks like just the ticket to get coefficients from
an icc profile. There is also already a function in dcraw
(pseudoinverse) that finds the inverse of a matrix, but I haven't
tried to get it to do the work of finding the inverse of the camera
primaries.

Did you have a chance to modify the code for your camera and
coefficients, then compile and run? Did it work? The code as it
stands, with no further modification, only works with a Canon Rebel
xti/400D. It has to be customized to the camera and the profile.

Regards,
Elle